SWAP’s Free Pick-Up Services are available for loads smaller than one box truck and less than one hour load-time. If you are unsure if your load qualifies, please submit a request for pick-up and SWAP will contact you if we have any concerns.
During the summer months, pick-ups may take 10 or more business days to complete. If you have specific time constraints, please note them in the comment section and we will try to accommodate. If we cannot accommodate your request you will be asked to contact Campus Services (UW-Madison ONLY), hire professional movers or use your department’s own resources to get the surplus to SWAP.
Fill out the Surplus Request Form and write “Will drop off on _____” (if date is known) in the comment section and then press Submit. Please have a copy of the Surplus Request Form auto-reply as it helps link the load to the submitted request once it gets to SWAP. Drop-offs that do not have a corresponding Surplus Request Form submitted before arrival may be subject to refusal by SWAP staff.
Our drop-off location is 1061 Thousand Oaks Trail, Verona WI 53593. SWAP’s facility is open Monday through Friday 8am – 4pm.
Online Auction – Items on Location
SWAP can list an item on the SWAP Online Auction from your location. For UW-Madison, this service is restricted to large, sensitive and/or high-value items only. To request this service, complete the following steps:
- Fill out the top-portion of the Surplus Request Form online. At the top of the form, make sure “Online Auction – Items on Location” is selected.
- Upload pictures of the item(s) on the form.
- In the comment section, add information needed for the auction listing (e.g. starting price, desired auction length, dimensions, cosmetic condition, functionality, viewing/pick-up instructions, etc.).
- Press submit
Once the form is received, SWAP will respond with a link to the newly-listed auction. If you do not receive a response, contact SWAP at 608-497-4440.
- All Surplus Request Forms with capital assets MUST include the capital asset ID or asset tag number.
- SWAP cannot receive surplus property without the Surplus Request Form completely filled out and submitted online.
Be as specific as possible when itemizing your surplus material. Items not specifically listed may not be picked up with the load.
- SWAP may determine that the department’s items are unsaleable or hazardous. If this occurs, you will be given directions and contact information for disposing of the items through FP&M’s waste and recycling department.
- While SWAP wipes all data from data containing devices before they are redistributed this should be viewed as redundancy only. SWAP is not responsible for records disposal/destruction. Departments should follow their own guidelines for removing data from computers, copiers, PDAs and printers prior to disposal.